Wednesday 4 November 2009

Lil Dude

Surprises, surprises! Life is full of them. This one was a big, happy surprise when I heard the news. My niece&nephew count is going to increase to 3 come April! Yup. My older sister is havin' a baby! How fab is that?!
Now, I've mentioned about 10000 times how I'm planning on making Christmas sweaters for each little one, but somehow it didn't hit me until 3hrs after I heard the news that it meant I had some more Christmas gift knitting to do! :)
Here's the sweater I made:
I used a base baby cardigan pattern, but modified it to have the lace up the front. Here's the lace pattern I used:
R1: K3, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, K3
R3: K2,yo, K1, sl 1, k2tog, psso, K1, yo, K2
R5: K1, yo, K2, sl 1, k2tog, psso, K2, yo, K1
R7: K
(purl even rows)
I should have moved it a few stitches away from the edge, but it's okay where it is.
All in all, a cute, pretty quick knit. And although I don't know whether it'll be a boy or a girl, I think this would be cute for either. I might write it up into a pattern, but I haven't decided yet. There's nothing crazy new or unique about the cardigan, but it is cute.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

i can not get over how talented you are!!! there is no way I'd be able to make something and have someone actually wear it!!! hats and scarves... that's about it for me hehe

I GET TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!