Wednesday 6 May 2009

Embellishments

It's not a secret that I love the library. I think that libraries are one of the best ideas that civilization ever had. Okay. Maybe the wheel was more important, but I really, really do love libraries! Really. 
Recently from my city library I got out a book that got me thinking about embellishments and adding details to knitted projects. The scarves, hats, mittens and sweaters in this book were so cute and pretty with the added embroidery or other detailing. 

If only I had a project I could practice on. And then I realized I do! I have one mitten that I started before Christmas but quit when I knew I couldn't finish both in time. (And when I realized they'd be HUGE for a 2yo. Better save them for when X is 5.)

Um... Well, here's what happens when I tried:

It's supposed to be a boat on water. Can you tell? Yeah. I think I need some practice. But still it was fun. When I finally get around to making the other mitt (like maybe in Dec 09) I'm thinking about putting a fish on the other one. That is, unless I come up with a better idea between now and then. 

No comments: