Monday 4 May 2009

Signature Style

Even if you are like me where for the vast majority of my life my style has been to put on what ever clothes are the cleanest after falling out of bed in the morning, everyone has a style. But there are some people out there who have a signature style. These days I'd say my signature style would be armwarmers. For Amelia Earhart her signature style was.... (anybody?)...
An Aviator Cap, just like this Aviatrix.

Isn't it cute? And the pattern is pretty simple and easy to follow too. I made it in the 0-6months size and it took me just a few hours this weekend. I'm planning on giving it to a friend of mine whose wife is having a baby this fall. The button shown is not sewn on. I'm going to have to go out and buy a button, but I'll wait until I know if it's a boy or a girl before choosing the button. In fact, if it's a girl I will consider adding a flower to the brim to make it cuter.
I'm a little worried that the strap to go under the chin won't be long enough, although I did more than 50 rows, but it should stretch. If I were to make another I might make that longer. And if I was to make another I would for sure somehow try to modify the pattern so that there was a more definite front and back. As it is, it is symmetric. I think I'd modify how the chin strap was attached.
Otherwise, I love this cute little hat! Good fast project.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

OK I may be a dork because I want one in my size LOL. it's awesome!!