It's been awhile. Sorry. I've been busy. And this craft is sort of lame, so sorry again. But stick around next week will be awesome. I will finally be able to unveil my big summer craft (that I love) and have a few other things to show off too (hopefully...)
Meanwhile, I can show you this hat.
I made this sometime in August. I wanted to make a hat for a friend's birthday and thought that maybe I should try my hand at designing a hat. How hard could it be, right? Foolish, foolish words!
I thought I'd put cables on it and to make it simple, I decided to divide the hat into quarters.
This hat was always meant to be a test. I did four different cable patterns, a different one on each side. I designed my own cables, which I think is the problem. For the real hat I was going to use the one I liked the best.
Unfortunately... I don't like any of them. (And yes. They are all different. The differences are subtle, but they are there.) Here is what I came up with.
Oh well. It was worth a try. (The hat size also came out really small, hence why you can see my ears in these photos. So failure all around.)
So, I guess I'll just have to use a tried and tested pattern for the birthday gift. Good thing I have until late October for this one.