Tuesday 29 September 2009

While I was vacationing

Sometimes getting home from vacation is sad. But sometimes getting home from vacation is nice. You get to sleep in your own bed. You get to make your own food in your own kitchen. And getting home from vacation is even nicer if you have a package of amazing surprises waiting for you!
Like this one!
I took part in Special K's Share Yourself exchange. I sent my package off before leaving for Canada a week an a half ago, and my package was waiting for me when I got back yesterday. Look at what I got! I'm in shock by all of the amazing looking treats that Angharad from eating-for-England sent me! She even wrapped all of them in funky paper that I am totally saving and reusing! (I know. I'm a pack rat. Sue me.)


I'm totally looking forward to trying it all. And reading more of her blog! I love finding good new blogs.
But, back to the stuff.
I've been meaning to try Marmite forever! She said it, and I've heard it before that it's something you either love or hate. I'm wondering which it'll be for me. Hopefully love The other stuff is perfect for me too. Who doesn't love Nutella? Whenever I eat it, I remember the week I lived off of it while traveling in Ireland. Good times! & I love tea! I drink it every morning. I haven't tried this kind so that'll be fun. Any cookie (sorry - biscuit) that are "melt-in-your-mouth" good and that you are supposed to dunk in tea sound fabulous to me! I can't wait to try it all.
Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

Special K said...

Nutella is so WONDERFUL! My gosh! How generous! I am so happy this made you feel good! I am hoping to you know what a delight your package was to me...I re-sent it to myself to be here overseas now...

Susan M said...

Yorkshire is our FAVORITE black tea, thanks to a college roommate who lived in England. It will be your new favorite, I bet.

Eating for England said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it all. Seriously, dunking chocolate digestives in tea is my favorite cozy evening activity in winter! Such comfort!

Pilbara Pink said...

I read this while eating a marmite sandwich here in Australia! Can't wait to hear what you think of marmite - I love it really thick with butter on homemade, grain bread - my lunch every day :) My (New Zealand-born, Florida resident) sister-in-law was asked not to send chocolate sandwiches to school. She was puzzled until she realised the teachers thought the marmite was choclate spread!!!