Monday 21 September 2009

Orchids

Have you ever met someone and thought to yourself: "This person is sooo cool! We have sooo much in common! I hope we become great friends!" ? Don't you just love it when that happens?
On the other hand, I bet there are people out there who you've met and thought: "There is absolutely no way in the world we have anything in common."
I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but when I first met C my thoughts were more along the lines of option 2 than option 1 of those two scenarios. When we met I was a lowly and very shy co-op and she was (it seemed to me) a loud and very confident full timer. Being so shy, I didn't talk to her much. We were employed in the same office, but didn't work together on any projects and thus our paths rarely crossed.
When I came back to work full time at my current job that changed.We didn't work on a project together, but we did start hanging out at lunch, having tea time at 10am, and just in general started talking. Much to my surprise and delight I found her to be friendly, thoughtful, funny, intelligent, kind, genuine, and generous.
Now, five years later (has it really be so long?!) she is one of my dearest friends. And although she lives ~4,300km away (~2,700 miles - thank you google maps!), I couldn't imagine us not being friends. Just goes to show you. You shouldn't judge.
So when C called with the exciting news that she was getting married, I gave a cry of delight and immediately started scheming about her wedding gift. To me weddings mean cross-stitch and like the ones in the past, I try to customize the gift to the recipient(s). I hope I've done an okay job.


This has been my big craft of the spring/summer. I started it in March, and finished mid-August. (It would have gone quicker... only I got side tracked with all my other knitting things you've seen around here.)

C&A have seen it now, which is why I'm posting this now.


I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out. I'm happier than I thought I'd be while I was doing it. I had doubts in the middle, but it's nice. I can't wait to see it framed.
I hope C&A like it.
And C - I hope we are friends for a very long, long time. You rock!

1 comment:

Talita said...

How beautiful! Lovely!