Tuesday 15 January 2008

There's good news, and then there's bad news...

Isn't that always the way? There's good news and then there's bad news...
The good news first: I finished the back of the sweater!!


See! Looks pretty good to me. Not too "flashy" which is the main thing I was worried about. I finished it on Sunday night and I've already started on one of the sleeves. (although to be honest, I haven't gotten very far) Hopefully those won't take all that long.
The bad news? Well, I'd be way more excited about finishing the back of the sweater if... well, if my car hadn't died. Yup. With billowing smoke and everything coming from the engine. It was a sight to be seen. Well, for someone else. For me it was pretty horrid. So I pretty much freaked out, called my best friend saying "WTF mate! What to I do?" As I'm on the phone with her, some woman pulls up and in a condescending voice says: 'you really shouldn't be stopped here.' What? The billowing smoke coming from my engine and my four way flashers on wasn't a hint that there is something wrong with my car? Hunh.
Well, good news about the bad new: it was just a malfunctioning thermostat and it's not like I need a new engine or something drastic. bad news about the bad news: it's going to cost ~$800 to replace/fix. So all said and done, when I finally got home (the car did start about 10 minutes later once i let it cool down and luckily I was only 1 minute from home so I coasted all the way back) I finished up the sweater while watching the latest Amazing Race episode, but with all said and done, that was a little anti-climatic.
But there it is anyways. I think it's shaping up quite nicely.

No comments: