Friday 31 October 2008

The worst

The worst has happened! (Well, the worst thing possible in the wizarding world!) And just when I thought things were pretty bad, they just got worse!

So, a few days back a friend of mine sent me a link to the international trailer for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (which is totally different than the North American trailer by the way). Obviously I got super excited yet again about all things Harry Potter. With the red hair, about 4 years ago I made an easy Halloween costume of being a Weasley my crocheting myself a Gryffindor Scarf. Its Maroon and Gold and the longest scarf too. I love that scarf.
Last summer when I was reading Deathly Hallows, I decided to make my friend who had commented on my Gryffindor scarf (because I wore it all of the time) a Ravenclaw one. Because he is just so Ravenclaw. (Not to be confused with being just so Raven.) Blue and Bronze. None of this blue and silver or blue on blue. I made it with the real Ravenclaw colours and he loved it. I loved it too. And really, I figured it was more of a Ravenclaw than a Gryffindor anyways, even with my red Weasley hair. So I got a little more yarn and made one for me! It's now my work scarf. What I wear when I have to go into the freezing cold lab, or on days when the BA actually gets cold.

But back to this week. I was all super excited about the new movie, but annoyed that it won't be out until next summer. But still excited. My friend and I were analyzing the international trail, and as hard as we thought we couldn't figure out why it seemed there was a scene with a burning house. It didn't seem to fit with anything. So after that conversation, I tried to figure it out by doing some googling. I didn't find anything then, but some combination of 'Harry Potter' and 'house' got me to a sorting hat quiz that tells you what house you would have been sorted into at Hogwarts.

Obviously I took the quiz....
And...
I almost can't even say it....
it's just too horrible to even think!
....
I'm a Hufflepuff.
A HUFFLEPUFF!
I'm the default house!
The no one else will take you house!
Why? Oh Why?

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse... they did!
I mentioned my sad hufflepuff-ness to someone who said (& this is close to direct quote) - "Yeah. You are totally a hufflepuff!"
WHAT?!?! People think I'm a Hufflepuff!? Not just some silly questionnaire? Oh the horrors. I'm crying badger tears over here. I still think that the quiz is somewhat stupid, but if in fact I am a Hufflepuff, I guess there is just one thing I can do: Get some canary yellow and black yarn and make myself a new scarf.
PS - Seeing as nanowrimo starts tomorrow, and I am participating once again, I am quite sure that my knitting productivity will go drastically downhill over the next month. So, I expect posts to be few and far between.

No comments: