Thursday 2 April 2009

Socks!

LOOK!
looklooklooklooklooklooklooklooklooklook!
I made socks!
Can you believe it? I made socks!!
Aren't they just the cutest socks you ever did see? I love them! I'm wearing them for the 2nd day in a row! And it's warm enough that I don't have to wear socks. That is how much I love them!

These socks have been a long time coming. I've wanted to make a pair of socks for a long time. Years, maybe even. But somehow socks always seemed too hard for me. Too advanced. But like for Marvin K. Mooney the time had come for me too, and I did it! 
I'm so glad they worked out so well. I'm pretty proud of them! And even better, with their completion I've accomplished 2 or my 3 knitting goals/ resolutions for 2009. (Left handed knitting remains a mystery to me.)

As for the sock pattern, I liked it. After learning short rows and other techniques earlier this year there wasn't anything new to me. It was just piecing the techniques I've learned from other projects together to use in this one. The simple one stitch cable embellishment was easy enough to do without a cable needle, so that was nice. 
I used double pointed needles, but I'm interested in learning how to use circular needles to do socks. 
All in all, I'd say my socks were a success. So much so that I want to start my next pair right NOW! Hmm... I wonder if I can convince my roommate to wind my next ball for me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really love the pattern in them. Looks like you did a bang up job!