Well, I did a little cleaning of my own today. More like... tidying. I have by no means done a thorough job! But my bedroom has needed organizing for a while. There've been books and skeins of yarn strewn everywhere for about a month and it was time to do something about it, and I finally knew what.
When I returned from Christmas holidays I found that the apartment had been slightly renovated by the one roommate who stayed. We had new kitchen cleaning tools, and some shelves and in my room I found an organizer on the back of my door. I believe it is supposed to be used for shoes. Um... I don't own that many shoes. I've been wondering what I should do with it, and I finally figured it out!
Yarn organization! That is by no means all of the yarn that I have. It's about 1/3 of the yarn that I have, but it was enough to get it off the floor. Some of my half finished projects are in there (X's mittens, a scarf, etc) and the rest are full balls of yarn that are close to being the next to be used. Now I won't have to go look for them when I start a new project!
And at least it is finally sort of organized.