Thursday 20 August 2009

Bag & Buttons

Have you ever had a bad day?
Okay. That was a stupid question… everyone at some point or another has had a bad day.
Have you ever had a bad day that suddenly isn’t as bad because one person does something really incredibly nice and totally unexpected?
That was yesterday for me. I was pretty annoyed with work and things in general. I had a really frustrating meeting and was heading back to my desk frowning and in an undeniably horrible mood, thinking the rest of the day was going to be just as bad. Then – BAM. I’m smiling from ear to ear. Why?
Remember how I love mail and all things homemade? Well, sitting at my desk was a lovely package I hadn’t even been anticipating! How awesome is that? They say good things come in small packages, and man were they right. There was a card, some buttons and this super incredibly cute purse made by a talented girl!

Now instead of thinking about annoying coworkers I was thinking about just how nice some people can be. And marveling over the cute purse.

And trying to figure out what projects would best suit each button!

Like, just look at the moose buttons. So cute! I’m really tempted to use them in a cardigan for X. I just need to find a cardigan pattern that will work with them. But maybe they’d be better for something else. I have to scheme…
& really, the buttons were just the icing on the cake. I’d actually been looking the previous day at buying a random set of buttons on etsy. It was serendipitous! And I’m still smiling. And loving the new purse. I brought it to work today, and with the inside pockets, it’s perfect.
Thank you.

1 comment:

stephchows said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy you like it! And a total bonus that you got it on a bummer of a day! See it was all meant to be :) woohoo!