Wednesday 30 January 2008

Why you should read the pattern

This is a good example of why you should always just double check the pattern even if you think you know what it is:


Doesn't the bear's head look a little small? I didn't notice until I sewed him up that it looked small. I thought I remembered the pattern, so I didn't bother finding it in the mix of all my other patterns, but I guess I forgot how many rows to do to make the head. Silly me. Once I realized it, it was much too late to do anything about it... so I gave him a turtle neck and figured 'oh well'. 
And it's not sooo horrible once he has the scarf on. Probably I will be the only one who notices. At least I hope the little african kid doesn't notice. Wouldn't that be throwing sand in his eyes? Here's your bear and it's totally flawed! 

But I FINALLY got that yarn I ordered online and now I can continue with the sweater. phew. Only I wanted to finish the bear first. So, by later tonight I should be back to the sweater. Soon the sleeve will be done and only one more sleeve and then the finishing. :) (although I don't really like finishing.)

1 comment:

ShellyH said...

I totally agree! One too many times I thought I had a pattern memorized to only find out later, I missed something!