Wednesday 22 April 2009

Earth Day

Happy Earth day!
In honour of the day, I thought I'd post a pic of one of the side projects I've been working on since the weekend. (My main project still being a pair of Thuja socks for a friend.) This is going to be a bag once it's done based off of the Elisa's Nest Tote pattern.
I love reusable bags. I try to take them with me most of the time when I go grocery shopping. I take them to the library too. I almost feel like you can never have too many reusable bags. They have SOOO many uses. And they are good for the environment too.

This pattern seemed like a perfect project for me to do. 1) because as I stated, I love reusable bags. 2) I had this horrible cotton yarn that I bought at one point for who knows what reason and I had no idea what to do with it. It's ugly yarn in ugly colours. Purple and Green variated? What was I thinking?!? Thus, I'm soooo happy to be getting this out of my stash!! 3) It's a simple repeatable pattern. So simple I can knit it while reading. Yay!

I'm still working on it whenever I'm reading. Hopefully it will be carrying Trader Joe cereal before you know it.

No comments: