Friday 21 October 2011

7!

Not that long ago, a friend asked me how many hats I have. You'd think it would be a lot, wouldn't you? I mean, I make hats all the time! "About 10 to 12," I replied at the time. But I had no idea. One of my favourite thing about being a knitter is always having new fun items to keep me warm. And it's so nice to have a stash of winter gear that is always changing. Make a new hat, give a hat away. 

But I became curious about how many hats I actually have, so went and found the stash of hats. Turns out I only have seven. 7 ! (Not to be confused with 7 factorial, which would be a lot.)

And that even counts this new hat I just finished. 


Like so many, I made this pattern from an image in my head of what I wanted the end result to look like. Needless to say, it didn't turn out quite as expected. ... Not that it's ugly. Just different. I wanted it to be a slouch, and although I cast on the stitches for that, I don't think that type of hat works with this type of yarn. 

Oh well. Sometimes you just gotta go with it. And all in all, I'll probably wear it. Less than some of the others in the pile, but I'm glad I made it. And now that I know I only have seven, I feel free to make something else. 

4 comments:

stephchows said...

nerd :)

I think the hat is still cute! and it looks super warm and snuggly :)

Jeanne said...

I will accept the title of nerd. I prefer geek, although, perhaps I shouldn't! http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2011/09/07/just-so-everyone-remembers-etymology-of-geek/

Corrie said...

Cool hat. Only a dweeb knows what a geek is. ;)

Jeanne said...

Okay, okay. You caught me. I am a dweeb who aspires to one day be good enough to be a geek. Or a nerd.