Sunday 7 June 2009

Enoimreh Tah!

Packing can be tricky. What to take? What not to take? To check a bag (and pay $15 for it), or not check a bag? It's hard to know just what you will need for a trip. But, on my latest trip by far the hardest thing I had decide when it came to packing was what to take to knit.
It's hard to decide! Which knitting projects to take? How many? These are the questions that plague me when I go on a vacation.
On my latest trip, from which I got back from earlier this weekend, I took a few. This is another Hermione cable hat. I made one earlier this year, but it really didn't work out. Why? Well, cause I made the teen size. (I did the smaller size because I didn't have enough grey yarn at the time.) It just wasn't long enough. It didn't cover my ears or forehead almost at all. Totally unacceptable for a hat! 
This one? In the adult size? It's perfect. 
I also did something a little different - I knit it inside out! i.e. all of the purls became knits and vice versa. To tell you the truth, I think it turned out really nice! I did it this way because last time I didn't like the holes made by the yarn overs within the purls. I think they worked out a little better this way. The purl cabling was a little awkward to start, but I didn't have a problem with it.
Now I just have to wait for some cold weather to show it off!


My inside out version:
Row 17-20: [K5, P6]
Row 21:       [K3, YO, SSK, P6]
Row 22:      [K5, P6]
Row 23:       [K2, YO, SSK, K1, P6]
Row 24:      [K5, P6]
Row 25:       [K1, YO, SSK, K2, P6]
Row 26:      [K5, P6]
Row 27:      [K5, slip 3 stitches onto a cable needle, hold stitches in front, P3, P3 stitches on cable needle]

No comments: