Sunday 15 January 2012

I'm with the band

I think sometimes the best sort of craft is the one you come up with on the spur of the moment. Like yesterday, when I was hanging out with my niece and nephew, they decided we should do a show for mom and dad. This isn't a new occurrence. What little kid doesn't love performing and having their parents full attention?
This time the song they wanted to sing was the itsy bitsy spider. And of course we needed props! Luckily there was an empty egg carton and some pipe cleaners on hand.  And voila! Spiders for our song.


My nephew didn't so much like that my spider looked friendly. He wanted pincers on mine! (Which totally reminded me of one of my favourite HP scenes. click click click.)



The craft was a big hit - both making them and during "the show". Sometimes it's great to be part of the band.

2 comments:

stephchows said...

I like that yours has the proper number of legs :)

Corrie said...

Cute!