Tuesday 11 March 2008

That's alota yarn

A big package arrived for me at work today, and it was my yarn! Exciting. Yay for the internet! I was a little surprised by how thin the yarn is, but I think it's going to work out. I had to do two swatches of it to get the tension right for the sweater, but luckily it means that I don't have to buy new knitting needles. Lucky! 
& I actually really like the colour. It's hard to tell the colour exactly in this picture. It's a lighter. I like the tweed element to it. I think it will add a nice hint of something to the otherwise boring sweater once it's done. 
I guess we'll see. 


I'm not so sure about the three random balls of yarn that I got. 
They are a lot smaller than I thought they were going to be (I guess I should have expected that for how much I paid for them), so I don't know if there's going to be enough yarn in them to make anything. Even if it's just a little baby blanket. It might be the smallest baby blanket in the world. But the yarn is very soft, so it would be small but soft.

No comments: