Saturday 22 November 2008

Twilight mitts anyone

So, along with maybe a 1/4 of the female US population I went with some friends to see Twilight yesterday. Not use mincing words: I didn't love it. I found it a bit... kitschy? I didn't think the actors were right for a bunch of the characters, etc. I won't go into it. But there was one thing I absolutely LOVED in the movie, and it most definitely wasn't Edward.
It was Bella's MITTENS!

Yes. Sad. That's the best picture I could find of them.

But I REALLY want those mittens. I want to go out and buy the yarn to start making them right now! Oh... and then I want to live in a climate that allows me to wear mitts like that all of the time. And then I want her hair... and being that skinny wouldn't be so bad either.
Is that too much to ask?
Okay. Then I'd so settle for the mittens. Really. I would. Anyone want to make a pattern, or know where I can get one? It would go to the very, very, very top of my queue. 

In the meantime I got the yarn to finish off Xavier's sweater, so hopefully that will happen this weekend. And I also started some ribboned opera gloves. Mine are way too long for some reason. 

I think I should have done about 7 repeats of the arm rather than 12. Now I'm wondering if I should frog it back. In case I haven't mentioned it before (although I have numerous times) I hate frogging. But will I hate these almost to my armpit armwarmers more? If I frog it back it's more likely that I'll actually wear them. 
They're okay. It's an incredibly simple pattern that's made pretty with the addition of the ribbon. (I'd need a different ribbon. This is just all I had at home.) And they knit up super quick. I haven't done anything on a size 9 needle in a long time, so you forget these things. We'll see. I'll debate it as I'm finishing the TT sweater.

No comments: