Thursday 1 October 2009

Durango

OMG. It's me with straight hair!

It is possible! Who knew?
Well... It's possible, but not easy. I can't do it. Actually, some professionals can't do it. Seriously. One time when I was getting my hair done for a wedding the stylist couldn't straighten it. She quit half way through and decided to go for a curly look. No joke.
So when I had straight hair last weekend I knew I had to take advantage of it. Luckily I had just finished this cute hat and had a reason to model it!

This hat is called a Durango and I got the pattern from here.

This hat also gave me a good way to use up some buttons. The green ones are from my February Lady sweater. (I've since swapped the buttons because I didn't like the green on green.) And the white button is from my stash of gift buttons. I love finding ways to use those buttons. :)

The pattern is pretty easy to follow. I think I'm getting better at reading and implementing crochet patterns!! Yay! Well... for some reason I did have to add three more rows of DCs to make the hat long enough. Not sure what's up with that. Otherwise I followed the pattern.
Close enough?

2 comments:

stephchows said...

You look adorable hehe The hat is wicked cute! OK why is it that peeps always try to take away our curls for fancy occasions?? I say embrace the crazy ass fro known as my head! :D

Angharad said...

Thanks for the comment on my race! You look ridiculously cute in that hat!! My hair is flat as a pancake (not a good thing) so unfortunately I cannot empathize...