Friday 23 October 2009

When you can't decide

Sometimes things have a hard time keeping my attention...
...
Wait. What was I saying?
Right. Attention.
Yeah. Sometimes I'm really good staying on task. Sometimes I have great focus and I will work at something for hours or days or months whole heartedly, just because I really want to finish it. And then there are times when nothing can keep my attention - not books (I'm reading 5 right now...), nor movies (I didn't finish the last 3 I started...), not even knitting projects.

Above is the knitting project I've been working on the longest - a pair of chevalier mittens. I got the pattern on ravelry, but I think you can get the pattern from this blog.

It's a fun pattern, and I really like the cables along the front of the mitten. They make it an interesting thing to knit. So you'd think I'd be done both by now.
Nope.
Just as I was finishing up the first mitten, I realized I'd made a mistake. The pattern is really easy to read (if you don't try to read the Finnish that is). It has a nice chart to help you along, and I definitely love charts. Yet somehow I ended up with the wrong number of stitches at the top and I wasn't willing to undo rows upon rows of work to fix it. So I fudged the decreases at the top. The mitts look okay, but the hands of the girl who I intended to give these to are definitely too small for them.
Oh well.
I just need to find someone else to gift them to, right?
Still it was a little discouraging. So I set them aside and started another project. And then another. And when I didn't want to finish that one, I started another. And then another. And you get the point.
Hopefully soon I will have a finished project to show you. Until then maybe I'll go look for another new pattern to start...

No comments: